THREE-PHASE SEPARATOR [TPS]
For extending the service life of cleaning and degreasing baths as well as cooling lubricant emulsions.
Virtually all process baths contaminated with oils, solvents and solids can be cleaned with the three-phase separator - TPS for short - and can therefore be used long term in the production cycle.
The TPS utilises the physical principles of
- gravity (weight force and lift) and
- coalescence (process by which droplets of liquid substances merge to form larger drops under different surface tensions and binding forces).
To separate extraneous oils and grease, solvents and solids from the process baths, separation processes are induced in the TPS by cross sectional flow and surface enlargement. The TPS separates all materials with a density different to that of water. Light liquids float to the surface and particles with a higher density settle at the bottom.
Very small oil droplets can no longer be separated by gravity. These congregate at angle profiles to form larger drops, which can then rise up.
The extraneous oil collected at the profiles can rise up through apertures arranged above one another in the angles and be removed from the TPS by a skimmer. The solids sink down and are expelled.
- Extended service life
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance
- Quality assurance through consistent product quality
KEY TECHNICAL DATA
- Materials: Stainless steel 1.4301 or 1.4571
- Throughput 100 to 5000 l/h
- Optionally with sludge cone